Plan Your Visit
-Museum Rates & Hours
-Accommodations, Restaurants & Attractions
-Hostel Reservation Form (.pdf)
-Scout Food Service
- A large parking area for the handicapped is available near the Koshare Indian Museum.
- Handicapped accessible restrooms are available on the main level near the Koshare Kiva.
- Two drinking fountains are handicapped accessible.
- One elevator is available to access the basement and upper level.
- The Kiva has a seating area for those in wheelchairs.
Dos & Don'ts
Whether you're a first-time museum visitor or a life-long member of the Koshare Indian Museum, you need to know a few things about our museum.
Even the lightest touch can damage a work of art. So please do not touch the art. Your great-great-grandchildren will thank you.
Pack a Camera
Photography for personal, noncommercial use is permitted only in the Koshare Kiva and not in our galleries. During a Koshare Show photography is not allowed until after the performance is finished.
Sketch with Pencils
Feel free to sketch with pencil in notebooks 8 ½ by 11 inches or smaller.
Bring the Kids
The Koshare Indian Museum is a fun and fascinating place for kids of all ages.
Talk About It
We encourage dialogue in the galleries, but please be courteous to others. If you need to talk on your cell phone, stay in lobby areas.
Don't Eat or Drink in the Galleries
Food and beverages are allowed in designated areas only.
La Junta Area Links